If you or your child is at risk of severe disciplinary action such as suspension or expulsion, you need to team up with a student defense lawyer in order to have a fighting chance at dismissing your charges. Visit our student expulsion page to learn how Dolan Law Firm can adamantly represent your best interests in front of a disciplinary hearing board.
Alternatively, if your Connecticut school district or Board of Education needs legal representation by a knowledgeable and experienced lawyer, Dolan Law Firm is ready to help. We focus on education law on behalf of public, private, and charter schools, in areas such as:
- Business contract and lease review
- Constitutional law, First Amendment rights
- Employee benefits and relations
- Executive compensation
- Labor negotiations and grievance arbitration
- Policy development and review
- Responding to ADA and Section 504 claims
- Special education – ensuring the school’s rights are protected
- Student discipline and expulsion
- Teacher/staff termination hearings and legal matters
We advocate on behalf of school districts throughout the state of Connecticut. Our work has included serving as General Counsel for New Haven and East Haven Boards of Education. Attorney Dolan also served on the Hamden Board of Education as its Personnel Chair for over 9 years.
“As a lifelong CT resident, my three children and I have been part of the state’s educational system, and we have a special affinity for it. We help school districts traverse a wide range of legal issues, plus handle public perception and the media.” ~ Attorney Michael Dolan